Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Litigator-Grisham

So, finally, after months of postponing due to time constraints( okay,okay, I am just plain lazy. But hey, I did finish reading Jeffrey Archer's Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less)I have finished reading this helluva of a read, The Litigator.
It was amazing.
You see, since reading The King Of Tort by the same author, which to me, does not have a happy ending, I am kind of reluctant to finish The Litigator. I don't want the story, in fact, any story, to end sadly. Yes, I am a hopeless romantic like that.  What with the Finley and Figg firm facing bankruptcy, the Krayoxx litigation going the downward spiral, Percy Klopeck going stoner, the sick Thuya boy suddenly dead without any toy manufacturer asuming full responsibility, David broke what with the new addition to his family. The would-be-possible bad twist had I chosen to finish the book is almost unbearable for me.
But I was curious.
So, yesterday, my curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to resume the last few chapters I had regretfully abandoned.
Then, BOOOOMMMM!!!
It was amazing. Somehow, with Zinc sheer talent, which he otherwise would not have realised had he chosen to continue working at Rogan Rothberg, he turned all the tables around. Okay, Klopeck stone-ness could not be cured, BUT. BUT.BUT. He, after weeks of research and witnessing real trials, had managed to render Ms. Karros scrambling for words, although their team did not suffice during the trial. How did he became the First line defence? Well, Finley  got a dramatic heart attack whilst about to tackle the opponent and crumble on the court floor, Figg suddenly gone AWOL, alas, it became a one man war against a whole troop of Armani-suited army. And  after Figg was finally found, drunk and concussed, David sent his friend to a rehab. En route home, he stopped by to fill his tank and voila, found the Nasty Teeth, complete with its cheap packaging. Hence, the Thuya boy case got an interesting twist as the culprit was found, the cards are on the table. And with much persistance, David managed to squeeze a 6.5 million in settlement from the reluctant toy manufacturer. 
And he founded his niche by being a lawyer speacializing in product liability.
 The highlight of this book of course was David first experience at trial. It was again, amazing. The young rookie pull out all the tops and uses all the facts in the most fascinatingly twisting way that one could not help but think that boy, this guy has really done his homework. His research are so thorough that you cannot lie to him about a single fact.
Alas, it is an amazing read. Simply amazing.

No comments: